Whenever you try to buy a pair of cycling shoes, one of the first and most important questions that we want to answer is: Are those cycling shoes any good?
Like the other brands, Lake cycling shoes have its own features that makes the brand unique.
And in this article, we will find out more about that.
So please stick with us till the end to know everything you need and hear our opinion about Lake shoes.
Where Are Lake Cycling Shoes made?
The company was born in Evanston, Illinois , in 1982. Lake quickly made a name for itself as a cycling shoes company.
Especially in North America, where cycling grew as a sport ,so did the brand’s name there.
However, even if the household is in Illinois, their shoes are manufactured in China, under the watch of the designer himself Chris Hutchens.
Chris Hutchens has developed their market-leading custom CX401 with all the new CX311 and MX331 models.
Where To Buy Lake Cycling Shoes?
The answer to this question is a little obvious, but there are two kinds of people, and these two need two different answers.
And because our loyal readers are in the two categories, we will give you both answers.
If you are someone who likes to buy online, you will be able to find Lake cycling shoes at their website or any online retail store like Amazon, Bike24, etc..
And if that’s not the case for you, and you like to buy things physically, you can just visit this website to see the nearest retail store to you.
But before you go visit their website or some retail store, you have the right to know some additional information about their shoes.
Are Lake Cycling Shoes Worth it?
Before we answer this question. We will need to talk about the price, size, weight, etc..
Lake Cycling Shoes Price & Weight
As for the size, you will find Lake size chart right here
What kind Of Bike Is These Shoes suitable for?
Lake has made shoes for every type of riding; You can find road shoes if you like having long road rides
You will also find mountain bike shoes if you are someone who likes mountain and rough conditions.
And let’s not forget that they also have gravel bike shoes, for all of you, which are made for different surfaces.
So with Lake , you will find all sorts of shoes for every type of riding you like.
Before we discuss something that I found very interesting about Lake cycling shoes.
Considering all these types of shoes for different events and cyclists. We guess that Lake cycling shoes are worth giving a try.
However, make sure to choose the right shoes for your own needs.
How To Heat Mold Lake Cycling Shoes?
You can see this video first to understand how is a heat moldable shoe different and why you should consider having one;
To heat mold Lake cycling shoes, you will have to follow this steps, these steps so make sure to follow them carefully and correctly;
- Step 1: First, start with placing a thermometer in the oven in a place where you can see it;
- Step 2: Then set your oven to 90°C / 200°F and turn it on;
- Step 3: Leave in on for 5-10 minutes to heat up before you continue the process;
- Step 4: Check the oven temperature and make sure its 90°C / 200°F;
If the temperature is too high or low, adjust it.
- Step 5: Leave the Lake insoles installed in the heat molding process to avoid any heat damage;
- Step 6: Close down the boa dials to protect the boa parts and the upper shoe from the heat;
- Step 7: Then place the shoe in, with the heels toward the back, and make sure not to let the shoe upper touch any hot parts of the oven;
- Step 8: Set a timer for 4-5 minutes
We recommend 4-5 because exceeding that time may cause some damage to the shoe;
So it will be better if you check up on the shoe once the 4 minutes are done, and if not pliable, leave it for another minute :
Make sure not to burn your hands while removing the shoe from the oven
Do not press the toe while removing the shoe, and it may cause the toe shape to deform.
- Step 9: Remove the shoe from the oven by handling it from the midsection and check if pliable;
- Step 10: Then gently flex the upper heel to see if the shoe is ready
- Step 11: Now, simply try the shoe on while seating; make sure to have your cycling socks on first;
- Step 12: Adjust the tongue before your close the Boa dials; And do not tighten them, just close them;
- Step 13: While having your shoe on, make sure that someone gently presses the heel area to mold the heel.
Do not use too much force; just a little force is enough.
- Step 14 : And also, press the edge to get a good shape;
Once you finish the first shoe, repeat the same process with the second shoe.
And if you found this guide way too long, you can watch this video and follow along the way;
Now we will conclude this article with an answer to the question that you all have been waiting for;
Are Lake Cycling Shoes Any Good?
Lake cycling shoes come with a stiff sole, and they are still comfortable.
They have dual Boa IP1-S dials, which allow you to micro-adjust from both sides.
Their shoes also have a carbon fiber outsole and fixings in the three-hole cleats.
You also get a replaceable heel pad which provides protection for the carbon and keeps you on your right way and from the bike.
Their soles don’t budge at all; they’re absolutely solid.
Lake made the upper mostly from ‘Full Grain Water Resistant Premium Leather’ it follows the shape of your foot comfortably, and there is no stretching.
Now you got it all, and if you still need our opinion about Lake cycling shoes, they’re pretty good.
However, we would love to hear from you all to see what you think about Lake bike shoes and what you like about them.
So don’t forget to share your opinion with us, because it matters.