As a cyclist, having the right equipment is very crucial. It is a help-or-break situation when it comes to your performance.
One of the most important pieces of equipment, that all cyclists agree on being that important, is a pair of quality cycling shoes.
Bont is one of the most popular brands of cycling shoes, and our article today will see if it is worth the hype or not.
Therefore, make sure to stick with us till the end to see if they are worth your money. And let’s get right into it.
Where Are Bont Cycling Shoes Made?
Let’s start with knowing a little more about the brand and where it’s located.
Bont cycling shoes are made in their factory, which is located in South Wales, Australia.
This gives them a significant advantage, having a level of control over the quality of their cycling shoes, and this makes them hard to match.
In addition, Bont cycling shoes have a special process called “heat molding”, which we will go more deeply into after, that makes it hard for their competition to meet.
I guess you may be wondering right now; Are these cycling shoes even good?
Are Bont Cycling Shoes Good?
Bont cycling shoes are popular for their one-of-a-kind technology and high-performance features.
Let’s go through some of the things that set these cycling shoes apart from the rest;
- Fit: These cycling shoes have a personalized fit, they use a smart heat molding process that allows you to have a customized fit to the shape of your own feet. This process is advised to be done by a professional fitter but can also be done by yourself if you believe you won’t damage the shoes. This makes the shoes have a snug fit and feel comfortable, improving power transfer and reducing the risk of hot spots.
- Lightweight: They use a carbon fiber sole which is extremely stiff and the upper materials are breathable which helps in keeping the shoe lightweight and efficient.
- Durability: Bont builds its shoes to last. This manufacturer doesn’t play when it comes to its products, they only use high-quality materials and processes which are designed to exceed its competition. Their soles are made of carbon fiber, which helps keep the shoes last more than many other cycling shoes.
- Many Options: Bont provides you with a wide range of cycling shoes for any kind of riding. They have models in all of them, road, track, triathlon, and even mountain biking shoes, and each one of these models is designed to meet the needs of all types of riders/cyclists.
- Eco-friendly: The brand “Bont” is conscious about the environment, they make sure to use eco-friendly materials, and they also try their best to decrease and minimize the waste in their manufacturing process.
In case you want to know a little more about some of Bont’s cycling shoes you can watch this video :
How Do Bont Cycling Shoes Fit?
Thanks to their unique heat molding process that allows you to have a customized fit, Bont cycling shoes are now known as one cycling shoe with the greatest fit of all.
The heat molding process goes like this; you put the shoes in an oven and let them heat for a bit, then mold them to the shape of your feet don’t forget to use the special fitting jigs for a better, comfortable and snug fit which will for sure improve the power transfer and reduce the risk of having those hot spots or blisters.
You can do this process by yourself or you can use the help of a professional fitter. It’s better to do this in the first few days of use.
You can watch this beginner’s guide if you have never done it before and you want to try doing it by yourself, by clicking right here.
To ensure getting the right size for you, Bont recommends trying the shoes in person before making a purchase.
“Are Bont cycling shoes true to size?”. I asked this question myself before purchasing my first Bont riding shoes.
I and my team have tried Bont road cycling shoes myself, and from our own experience, we are gonna say that they are true to size.
Before I started working on this article, I went and asked all of the team, and they’ve all told me the same thing: “Bont is known to be true to size”.
So I guess that’s all I can say about this. Anyways let’s move on to the next section, where we’ll be answering some of the most common questions that all riders have asked about Bont shoes.
To conclude, Bont cycling shoes are made to be a high-performance option for us, cyclists, who are looking to have a specialized fit, a durable build, and still feel lightweight when riding.
Let’s not forget the heat molding process which makes these shoes on a whole other level compared to the competitors, and gives you a pretty comfortable snug fit.
In addition, Bont cycling shoes come with a carbon fiber sole that helps in transferring power effectively, and they also offer a lot of options for every different type of rider.
They are also conscious about the environment, which makes them a sustainable choice if you care about the environment yourself.
By now, you may be asking yourself “how much are Bont cycling shoes?”. These cycling shoes are quite expensive if you are under budget.
These riding shoes can range from 300$ to 500$ and even more, depending on the features and models you want.
However, considering the value that these shoes add, from a comfortable fit to a great power transfer, we think that Bont cycling shoes are worth the investment.
Q: Can You Use Look Pedals With Bont Cycling Shoes?
A: Yes, Bont cycling shoes can be used with Look pedals, they both use a 3-bolt cleat system which makes them compatible. Bont cycling shoes are designed with a 3-bolt cleat mount which is compatible with almost all road cycling pedals, this includes Look pedals.
Q: Are Bont Cycling Shoes Comfortable?
A: Yes, these shoes are pretty much the best when it comes to comfort, thanks to the heat molding process we mentioned above which allows you to have a customized fit.
Q: Are Bont Cycling Shoes Made in China?
A: No, Bont cycling shoes aren’t made in China. They are made in their factory in South Wales, Australia.